• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need info on Wingspan Optics Willow UltraHD 8x32 binos (1 Viewer)

bugeyed

I am considering purchasing these from Amazon, but they don’t show up on the Wingspan site. They are sold on Amazon by Wingspan & I wonder if they have been disco’d & have an equivalent model to compare price & specs. I don’t trust specs on Amazon. If they are being discounted, I would kinda like to know what price range they were originally at.
Thanks,
Kev

Hi,

don't know anything about this - the stated specs look fine except for the field of view with 393ft@1000yards which is a bit on the narrower side for an 8x32, but not terribly so - also it's consistent with the good eye relief. The feature package with ED element, fully multicoated and phase coating sounds too good to be true at 70 bucks.
The text is the usual blurb for cheap optics...

Since it's from Amazon - go for it, write a review and if you got a bad example (which might happen), back it goes.

Joachim

I am considering purchasing these from Amazon, but they don’t show up on the Wingspan site. They are sold on Amazon by Wingspan & I wonder if they have been disco’d & have an equivalent model to compare price & specs. I don’t trust specs on Amazon. If they are being discounted, I would kinda like to know what price range they were originally at.
Thanks,
Kev

I won't buy from a company that won't give you a physical address or phone number. :cat:

Bill

Last edited:
I ignored all the advice & comments except for Joachim. I started testing these today & they are very nice. In a brief shoot-out with my Nikon Prostaff 7s 10 x 42 the Wingspan's held their own in most every area. They are bright, sharp, color fringing is minimal, focus is smooth with no stiction & around 2 rotations stop - stop. They aren't the lightest I've tried, but nice & solid in the hand & easy to hold steady. Hard shell case & Op-Tech style Neoprene stretch strap. Min focus is insane at about 43"-44". Of course parallax comes into play that close. I believe these to be a disco'd model that originally sold for more than $69. The specs match their new ProBirder at $135. They also have a lifetime no-fault warranty. So far, so good.
Regards,
Kev

Last edited:
I ignored all the advice & comments except for Joachim. I started testing these today & they are very nice. In a brief shoot-out with my Nikon Prostaff 7s 10 x 42 the Wingspan's held their own in most every area. I won't bore you with the details cause I get the feeling that those here aren't interested in hearing about an American company that sells Chinese manufactured bins that punch way above their price. Bye.
Regards,
Kev

Good luck with your new Wingspans! I hope they work out for you. If they are as good as your Nikon Pro-Staff 7S (which is made for Nikon in China) you should be OK.

[Nikon still makes this model: You can order it from Nikon directly. Price is $219.95.]

(https://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en....html#tab-ProductDetail-ProductTabs-TechSpecs)

Register your new ones with the Wingspan company if you can. There may be a registration card in the packaging. Don't lose your copy of the warranty if there is one and don't lose your sales slip.

Bob

Last edited:
Good luck with your new Wingspans! I hope they work out for you. If they are as good as your Nikon Pro-Staff 7S you should be OK.

[Nikon still makes this model: You can order it from Nikon directly. Price is $219.95.]

(https://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en....html#tab-ProductDetail-ProductTabs-TechSpecs)

Register your new ones with the Wingspan company if you can. There may be a registration card in the packaging. Don't lose your copy of the warranty if there is one and don't lose your sales slip.

Bob

Thanks Bob. Registered the Wingspan's & they have a lifetime no-fault warranty. BTW Wingspan Optics is located at 690, Hwy 89, Jackson, WY. I suspect this model is discontinued & the price was originally quite a bit higher, judging from the warranty & hard shell case & Op-Tech style stretchy strap. The other Wingspan I tested (Spectator 8 x 32) was priced about $4 cheaper & was in a much different class. It was nice & compact, but the focus wheel suffered from horrible stiction. Def a deal breaker.
Kev

Last edited:
Thanks Bob. Registered the Wingspan's & they have a lifetime no-fault warranty. BTW Wingspan Optics is located at 690, Hwy 89, Jackson, WY. I suspect this model is discontinued & the price was originally quite a bit higher, judging from the warranty & hard shell case & Op-Tech style stretchy strap. The other Wingspan I tested (Spectator 8 x 32) was priced about $4 cheaper & was in a much different class. It was nice & compact, but the focus wheel suffered from horrible stiction. Def a deal breaker.
Kev

News Release with more info about the company here:

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...s-Designed-Exclusively-for-Bird-Watchers.html

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back