• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Olympus Pen E-PM1 + telezoom = good? (1 Viewer)

kral0001

I want to get into some photographing with my Olympus Pen E-PM1. Will it work fine with the Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200/4-5,6 Mega OIS? both camera and telezoom have had some good reviews.

I want to photograph birds. I also have access to a Canon EOS 1000D, it's not mine but I may borrow it. Are there any good choiches there?

My budget for a telezoom is below 460$

i use EPL5 with Lumix 100-300mm and its working very fine with me, and did use that lens with the OLd EPL1 and got some of my very best shot.

IMHO go ahead, but be careful the E-PM1 might be a little small camera if you like only big bulky ones you will not be happy, but as to take it around with you everywhere, its fantastic, very light weight and can fit anywhere.

wish you the best.

Btw if you took them, remember to always put the OIS of the lens on and turn off the in body image stabilization, IBIS.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back