• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mylar: Where to buy? (1 Viewer)

Abbygirl

I was wondering Where to buy Myler? I'm wanting to make a sparrow spooker to discouraging them from coming since they are not wanted in this country. and we are wanting the violet green swallows in our backyard that comes in our backyard instead! thanks.

I'm not to sure you could try looking them up on website & see if you can get them via mailorder or if you are feeling really creative you could make one

Myler: Where to buy?

You could buy mylar balloons (the silvery ones)...usually available in dollar stores, gift shops, etc. and cut it into strips.

I saw a big roll of the stuff on ebay the other day, but as others have said, you could probably just use old balloons.

Alternatively, you could try the plastic bags from jumbo-sized snacks/chips it's not mylar, but it is silvered on the inside and the effect would be much the same.

Hey I actually found some stuff at a garage sale today I was shocked! now i just need to make it and put it on the bird house. thanks again everybody. I've enjoyed our chat's. haev a great weekend everbody!!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back