• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Orion Optics at Telescope House. (1 Viewer)

Binastro

It seems that Telescope House is now an authorised dealer for Orion Optics (Not the U.K. Orion Optics).

However, the website is confusing.

What interested me was the New Orion 4x21 binocular, which is in fact the quite old discontinued Bushnell Xtrawide 4x21. Bushnell replaced this with the 4x30, which I think is the 4x21 with larger optical windows. I think that the 4x30 Bushnell may also be discontinued?
Kids seem to like these binoculars.
£63 is quite a lot more than I paid, but at least they are available.
They are fixed focus and have a curved field.
They are actually 3.5x21.

The 8x40 wide angle has a supposed 8.2 degree field, which isn't particularly wide.

The 8x36 is advertised as a wide field at 6.3 degrees. Really!

They advertise quite a lot of optics, which are mostly rebadged optics also available under different names.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back