• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

sparrowhawk/britishbird live cams (1 Viewer)

Hi just put information on site about sparrowhawk live cams, new to this forgot to put it in bird of prey section,have 7 cams on hawk 3 on nest 2 on chopping block 2 on watering hole,can show all cams at once so nothing missed then go to where action is instantly all in real time with audio.
2 eggs hatched this morning.clips on you tube under female sparrowhawk.
my clips by dvr365.im a 1 man band no sponsers.
you can watch live at www.sparrowhawk-island.co.uk
this is not your average web cam site.
dave culley. cheshire

Hi jerkin thanks for very good coment,this bird has not really been done on this scale.
So im wondering why people are,nt really watching it live,this has cost £6000 to set up
and streaming costs expensive example 25 viewers,£150 per month 50 £300 and so on
i dont think its expensive /most of us pay £10.oo to go to a bird fair for a day.
Ide like your opinion if you think its expensive,any thing less and it wouldent pay for its self.
thanks for your time.dave.

...So im wondering why people are,nt really watching it live,this has cost £6000 to set up
and streaming costs expensive example 25 viewers,£150 per month 50 £300 and so on
i dont think its expensive /most of us pay £10.oo to go to a bird fair for a day.
Ide like your opinion if you think its expensive,any thing less and it wouldent pay for its self.

Yes, it's the cost. It's what stopped me looking at it. There are a lot of demands on people's time and attention. I am curious to see it especially as it is high quality, but I'm not going to pay for it, sorry. Hope you get the people you need though.

Have you considered advertising or sponsorship to help pay for it?

Last edited:
Hi zenzero this bird is very elusive and very hard to film why do you think no body like the bbc films them they can,t get the footage i can get,they can see you coming a mile away,i accept your opinion.
People who love this bird dont mind paying 33 pence a day to watch rare footage which has never been done on this scale of sparrowhawks.
dave.

Hi jerkin thanks for very good coment,this bird has not really been done on this scale.
So im wondering why people are,nt really watching it live,this has cost £6000 to set up

I don't think most people would pay £10 a month for this, to be honest. I wouldn't. The free clips you showed are not bad, and quite interesting, but I don't get what you mean by:

"this bird has not really been done on this scale" or

"this bird is very elusive and very hard to film why do you think no body like the bbc films them they can,t get the footage i can get"

It's not really true - people are accustomed to seeing very high quality film of the rarest species these days thanks to the BBC, Mr Attenborough and co.

I hope I'm wrong, though, and lots of people sign up to your site. Prove me wrong and I'll be quite happy.

Cheers

Mike

Hi apodemus what i mean by this scale is i can show every cam i have on hawks so viewers miss nothing,eg so if male comes in with kill you see that as well as female leaving nest,then you see female taking kill off him,then i go to cam 3 which shows female entering nest from cops,then cam 1 close up of feeding,or cam 2 from above nest
looking down.
then if she goes for drink i go to that cam,then another cam watching her leave.
If you know of this done anywhere on a site please let me know ide love to look or of any films done of this bird by BBC on this sort of scale,
i dont mean just a 10 minute clip.i mean a programe about the life of a sparrowhawk.

thanks.dave .

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back