• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello, new to digiscoping (1 Viewer)

Detlef Davies

Hello, fellow birders,

After 20+ years of Olympus SLR film cameras, it is time to switch to digital & digiscoping. Have read views on Nikon 4500 as being good for digiscoping but later models being poor. Who can tell me whether the Kowa TS611 is suitable for digiscoping, & what adapters are needed?

Detlef Davies

Hello Detlef and a warm welcome to you from me ;) and the rest of the staff here at BirdForum.

I'll leave your question regarding the Kowa to those that have had experience with it. If you peruse our Digiscoping forum, you are sure to find many answers to your many questions regarding digiscoping. There are always a myriad of questions when it comes to this subject ;)

Hi Detlef,

Welcome to Bird Forum :t:

I used to have the 611 myself. I liked it as a bird watching scope, but never had much success with it for digiscoping. Really I think to get decent results the Fluorite or equivalent version has far superior glass when it comes to taking photos, especially in our dull climate. I'd say it is still worth experimenting with though, may be hand holding the camera to the eyepiece on a bright day before investing in an adapter which usually matched to a particular scope and eyepiece.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back