• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Monarch Butterflies! and Others (1 Viewer)

Chickadeedeedee

Hi all! :hi: Just me again.

Around here, in Ohio, the appearance of Monarch Butterflies warn us that summer is just about done ... even if it is June! ;)

The last few days the weeping willow trees are filled to capacity with Monarchs as they get ready to migrate to escape the winter weather. Somewhere I had posted some photos of the Monarch Butterflies in the trees a few years ago in this forum. I can't find the photos now.

The Swallowtail Butterflies, Tiger and Spicebush, are everywhere too as well as many bumble bees! Saw a bumble bee about the size of Godzilla ( maybe a hint of exaggeration there ) ;) but she was HUGE!

Chickadees galore and there are 20+ Cardinals in the garden daily plus the usual birdies as well.

Ok. That's all I know. Until next weeks report .... Take care all! :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back