• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Romania May 2018 (1 Viewer)

Recent May I went to Romania (Carpathians) with my school where we saw alot of cool wildlife. Unfortunately we didn't go to the Danube delta but we still saw some nice birds! Next to the birds in the video we saw: Wallcreeper, Marsh Tit, Eurasian Hoopoe, Lesser-Spotted Eagle, Hooded Crows, Male Hen Harrier, White-Backed Woodpecker and Grey-Headed Woodpecker. Some others also saw an Ural Owl. I just totally missed that one and it still haunts me. 2 others also saw a Capercaillie fly up.

Besides the birds we also saw 9 bears in total! The accomodation we stayed at had some sheep, 1 of them died so we dragged it into the mountains and placed some wildcameras around it.... It showed loads of foxes but also: a wolf and a lynx! The lynx was captured PERFECT on it!

This is the link to the video I made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz3gbN7bRKQ&lc=z22ucpj5fnvjh3zecacdp431yiiino0k5kh0bmxtihpw03c010c

Wow!! Nice!! Wildlife sure is thriving in that part of Romania. Good thing you weren't harmed by the wolf and lynx. I'd be scared to my wits if I see one in the wild!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back