• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best Monoculars (1 Viewer)

GaryWilson001

Hey fellas, I'm in search of a night vision monocular. Can anyone of you suggest a few good ones please? I've read about the Night Owl iGEN 20/20 one in an article which featured it at number 1: Night Vision Monoculars
I'm wanting to get my gear kit in order before venturing out in the outdoors. Thx a million people

I have tried a lot of those Gen 1 night vision monoculars on Amazon.com that are less than $500.00. They are MIC JUNK. You need to get a Gen 2 or above to be effective. I would look on Ebay. You can get various magnifications from 1x on up. I like 3X for observing wildlife but if you just want to move around in total darkness without being seen 1x is good with a head mount. I have an ATN Gen 2+ with 3x magnification. Expect to spend $1500.00 to about $3000.00. Here is a pretty nice one. The picture to the right is two birders using it head mounted hunting for the world's most dangerous bird the Cassowary.:-O

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Armasight-...328337&hash=item25c3ea391a:g:cXQAAOSwKsRWF-Yp

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 41
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Southern_Cassowary_7071.jpg
    Southern_Cassowary_7071.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Hmmm, good to get the bird connection there, but not with guns...

How have you really used those NV units? For example, can they spot owls in the dark?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back