• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

birdwatching in mozambique (1 Viewer)

I've been in Moz a fair amount of years now and as far as I know, there is no birding group or club here, if anybody knows differently please could you send me details, the birdlife in Maputo has gone from zero in 94 to been able to identify a good ten different bird in a morning, including one of my favourites the pygmy kingfisher, with a birdfeeder you can have as many as fourty or so birds on the feeder at dinner time.
I have spotted a grey coloured white-eye hanging around the garden over the past few weeks, is this some sort of genetic problem or just the age of the bird?

Hi Craig

I don't know the answers to any of your questions but I was in Mozambique a few years back on holiday. I visited Maputo but birding was done on the Bazuaruto Islands and Vilankulo, as well as at a lodge close to the Zimbabwe border. If it stays stable then I can see Mozambique being a major holiday spot for Europeans, birders too.

From http://www.camacdonald.com/birding/africamozambique.htm I gleaned the following, which may or may not be up to date

"The Mozambique Bird Club contacts in Maputo are Carlos Bentos (Chairman), Av. 25 de Setembre 1514-1, Maputo, or Vincent Parker, E.W.T., PO Box 4203, Maputo. Tel. (248-1) 425365 or Fax 422434"

Cheers

David

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back