• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Red-shouldered Friend (1 Viewer)

mymantra

These hawks are positively posing for me. This one was so close I had to back off on the camera's zoom to get the whole bird! That left me with some vignetting, but I was able to crop it out. I have many more similar shots.

Attachments

• dscn5113 768.jpg
    dscn5113 768.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 285
Top photo Paul! Isn't he related to one of our Falcons? Or is that the Sharp-Shinned Hawk? I must admit I'm not that good on Old World raptors, so New World.... But luckily I love to learn and it seems this is the right place for that!!

Great shot! Two of my greatest birding moments have been seeing a red-shouldered hawk perched on a limb directly in front of me (in one case, tearing into its evening meal). It's the kind of moment that makes me wish I was a photograher.

Thanks for the compliments everyone, I must admit that it is probably the best digiscoped picture I have taken yet. And Paul 42, no he is a buteo, not a falcon. And I know absolutely nothing about Old World Raptors, but this place is definitely a real education.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back