• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fantasic Guide in Sichuan (1 Viewer)

ArlyRes

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say that I have just finished an excellent 3-day trip to Sichuan with Sid's tour company. As Sid wasn't available for the first two days of the trip he suggested his brother-in-law Zeng Zhang to me. He was a brilliant guide and successfully got us to all the best sites for my target birds (Chinese Monal, Temminck's Tragopan and Golden Pheasant).

We visited Balang and Wolong area and amassed a decent list of species including a number of endemics. Also had wonderful views of birds specialties I was desperate to see such as Grandala, Slaty Bunting and Giant Laughingthrush.

The last day of the trip was spent at Qingcheng Mountains where we saw two of the Forktails and loads of decent warblers. All finished off with Long-billed Plover on the way to the airport.

I really can't thank Sid enough for helping out with the logistics and to Zeng Zhang for his expertise. Please do not be put of to pay for guiding if Sid is not available, Zeng Zhang is worth every penny.

Fingers crossed I will be back next year

Cheers Jake

Cheers Jake - I still can't believe Zeng Zhang called out a Golden Pheasant. On our survey work we hear a lot of Golden Pheasant but rarely see them - he's always trying to see one, and I'm always telling him its a waste of time trying to call them out!!!!!!!
I don't think that will wash anymore!!!!!
all the best
Sid

Glad to hear how fast Zeng Zhang improve his birding skill, I'll also be back to Sichuan soon. All of us missed you and Zeng Zhang,Sid.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back