• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

350D + es80 (1 Viewer)

Henry B

Help wanted ,what is the best settings for this set-up, Canon 350d and Opticron es80,I use it with a 23x hdf e/p.this is my first attempt at digiscoping. my pics have been very white, and lacks any colour.tia....hb.

How have you connected to the scope? I only use my 350d as a SLR with my old EOS lenses that have been re-chipped. I am intrigued if you are using the 350d for digiscoping. What lens do you use with it?

It,s attached to the scope using a tele-photo adapter and t2 mount with an hdf 23x eyepiece.I did manage to improve photo,s, but does certainly demand good light for best results, have now moved on to using a Sigma 50-500mm lens and 2x tc when needed ,results are much better. rsvp..

JWM said:
How have you connected to the scope? I only use my 350d as a SLR with my old EOS lenses that have been re-chipped. I am intrigued if you are using the 350d for digiscoping. What lens do you use with it?

Generally when digiscoping with a dslr a 50mm lens is the ideal - with the 350D the Canon 50 f1.8 would be a good lens to use. You can then digiscope as you would with a compact camera taking photos through the telesopes eyepeice. Personally I have never got on very well with this system as I found the weight on on the back of the scope was too much. I use my 350D with a long lens for most of my bird photography. But also have a compact digital camera for digiscoping when birds are just that bit too far away.

Henry B said:
It,s attached to the scope using a tele-photo adapter and t2 mount with an hdf 23x eyepiece.I did manage to improve photo,s, but does certainly demand good light for best results, have now moved on to using a Sigma 50-500mm lens and 2x tc when needed ,results are much better. rsvp..
Thanks for the info. I think I will still stick to my 990 for digiscoping and use the 350d as an SLR with my 175-500mm Sigma lens re-chipped. I have the 2X converter but of course it throws the autofocusing out when attached. Must see if I can get that re-chipped also.
John

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back