• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kingfishers (1 Viewer)

Hi Dick I see this is your first post, so may I welcome you on behalf of the Staff and Moderators.

How far are you prepared to travel?

D

Welcome aboard :t:

Not a bad time now to be looking for them as there's plenty of young around and they're more tolerant of people once a spot is located.

All I can suggest is do a search on Kingfishers in the Gallery and look at the locations to see if any are near enough to you.

As Ian says Brandon Marsh is well worth a visit. Not sure what sort of action you're after but this is what I got.

Paul

Attachments

• 431.jpg
    431.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Dick I've not been there myself but have been recommended Barnwell country park on the outskirts of Oundle by a couple of other Birders/Photographers otherwise if you fancy a trip to sunny Suffolk i can certainly recommend Lackford Lakes on the outskirts of Bury St Edmunds, Offers very good chances of close up views

Attachments

• Kingfisher.jpg
    Kingfisher.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 116
I spotted two (possibly three) at the wetlands area on Cardiff Bay when I was there for an afternoon trip with my wife and daughter last Friday. Cormorant too!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back