• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How to get pigeons away? (1 Viewer)

gabtesche

First post here, so, i live in south brazil and had a bird feeder outside my house. After some time it started to attract giant common pigeons and the other birds stopped to come. Any tips of how to get the pigeons away and get the nice birds back? :)

I had a lot of Pigeons in the garden which were becoming a nuisance. So I just put NUTS in the feeders and took away all seed. Once they realised I provided no suitable food they ventured elsewhere.

They also drink a lot of water in the same way we drink it - and the odd ones still return for a quick drink and a shower in my bird bath, then they are off.

When the winter returns, I welcome them back with open arms, because through difficult times all birds need help.

I hope this may have helped.

Sannie.

I have both Pigeons (Woodies) and Doves in my garden but have never seen any at the feeders.

They hang around under the feeders and pick up most of the spillage.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back