• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex Razor 12x50 Binocular, Any good? (1 Viewer)

Bert5968

Edinburgh Birder
I am thinking of upgrading my bins and wondered if these are any good?

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong thread.|:$|

sorry cant help with these binoculars,but have just bought the vortex razor 8x42 and they are a stunning pair of binoculars for the price.Maybe try these if you get the chance,but vortex razors get my approval.

Try a 10x42 or 8x42 of the same. 50mm and 12x are not necessary and are cumbersome and a bit shaky to hold. Many people like 7x best.

I bought a pair of the 8X42's this summer as my first serious bins. Did a lot of research and they are a great value. We can get them for just under $500 here in the states, and they come with very hard to beat guarantee. I think they are great. I used the money I saved to buy a great scope.

Veagle

sorry cant help with these binoculars,but have just bought the vortex razor 8x42 and they are a stunning pair of binoculars for the price.Maybe try these if you get the chance,but vortex razors get my approval.

Seconded; i've just bought a pair pf Vortex Razor 8 x 42 and they are superb. Another pair i looked through recenty was Vortex Broadwing 8 x 42. They are cheaper then the Razor but very impressive optically.

Geoff.|=)|

I bought a pair of the 8X42's this summer as my first serious bins. Did a lot of research and they are a great value. We can get them for just under $500 here in the states, and they come with very hard to beat guarantee. I think they are great. I used the money I saved to buy a great scope.

Veagle

The Vortex Vipers you can get for around $500 (another very good binocular that is lighter than the Razor), but the Razors are currently going for $749 at Eagle Optics (and that is after a $100 rebate). Maybe you were confusing the two models?

Cordially,
Jim

The Vortex Vipers you can get for around $500 (another very good binocular that is lighter than the Razor), but the Razors are currently going for $749 at Eagle Optics (and that is after a $100 rebate). Maybe you were confusing the two models?

Cordially,
Jim

You're exactly right Jim. I did buy the Vipers, and am very happy with them
!

Veagle

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back