• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is this scope any good? (1 Viewer)

Hi Nick, don't go expecting miracles but for that sort of price you can't really lose. I'd expect best results at the lower end of it's magnification. Let us know how you get on.

cheers,
Andy

Hello Nick! For that price you cannot expect so much. It depends for how long you have been a birdwatcher, and after a while you just want the best optics. In Europe you have to pay appr.600 -1000 USDollars to have a reasonable good scope, for ex. Opthicron telescopes. Otherwise, for us who have been birding for a lifetime, we use Svarowski and Zeiss telescopes, and then the price is appr.2500 USDollars, but then you have the very best!

ok thanks guys - I know it's a real bottom of the barrel one - but I could give it a try - it may surprise us all :) Now all I need to do is find a camera adapter !

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back