• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cabelas New Guide Series (1 Viewer)

ceasar

Cabelas has introduced 3 new "Guide" Series binoculars in their Christmas Catalogue: 8x32; 10x32 and 10x42. FOVs are respectively: 420' @ 1000yds, 340' and 326'. Weights 17oz, 19.4oz and 24oz. Diopter is on the top of the focus wheel. No info on ER. Prices: $249.99, 269.99 and 349.99.

Single hinge construction similar to the Nikon Monarch 7s and the Swarovski CL Companion for the small 8x32 and 10x32. Everybody is getting into that little 8/10x30/32 act now!:king:

Double hinges for the 10x42.

You can see them on the Cabelas website.

Bob

Last edited:
Cabelas has introduced 3 new "Guide" Series binoculars in their Christmas Catalogue: 8x32; 10x32 and 10x42. FOVs are respectively: 420' @ 1000yds, 340' and 326'. Weights 17oz, 19.4oz and 24oz. Diopter is on the top of the focus wheel. No info on ER. Prices: $249.99, 269.99 and 349.99.

Single hinge construction similar to the Nikon Monarch 7s and the Swarovski CL Companion for the small 8x32 and 10x32. Everybody is getting into that little 8/10x30/32 act now!:king:

Double hinges for the 10x42.

You can see them on the Cabelas website.

Bob

Bob:

That is an interesting new binocular. The diopter adjustment looks
very different, and so it looks like it is a copy of the Leica, which has been
alone in this style.

They are not a clone of any I have seen, so another seller is getting
into the 32mm market.

You should get one for a trial, and let us know how they perform.

Jerry

Bob:

That is an interesting new binocular. The diopter adjustment looks
alone in this style.

into the 32mm market.

You should get one for a trial, and let us know how they perform.

Jerry

Jerry,

They could be Japanese made with that diopter set up.

It looks like the diopter setup on the Leupold BX2 7x42 Cascades and the one on the Swift 8.5x44 828 binocular. Both of these binoculars were made in Japan. I have both of them.

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics2/leupold.pl?page=leupold_bx-2_cascades_8x42mm_roof

It also looks like the one on the Leupold 8x32 Mojave BX3 which Cabelas also carries. It is pictured on Cabelas website but I can't find it on Leupold's website. It has a rather small FOV of 366'@1000yards. In fact, it looks like that binocular. Here it is shown at Camera Land:

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics2/leupold.pl?page=leupold_bx-3_mojave_8x32mm_roof

Eagle Optics seems to have dropped Leupold.

Bob

Leupold have had this diopter setup for some time, I had a Leupold Wind River Cascades some years ago, Japanese made, with the diopter atop the centre focus wheel. One improvement that could be made would be to incorporate an IPD lock into the setup, it would fit neatly, but that is rarely seen.

The diopter adjustment looks
alone in this style.

into the 32mm market.

The Guides are the same as the Leupold Mojave line. This means that the diopter adjustment isn't the same as the Leica.

If one likes the Mojave line, then the Guide series represents a very good buy.

10 x 32 can be a very good deal in low priced optics if the quality is reasonable. You are going to get great light compared with high end 8x45 and excellent weight size comparisons with any 10 x 45. If you are in a situation where you don't need x 45 or x50 why carry them, that is assuming you have more than one pair of bins...it makes an excellent second pair for who already has something higher powered.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back