• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Allbinos.com Bushnell Forge review is up. (1 Viewer)

Thank you for the link, zzzzzz!!

In this instance, I for once agree with allbinos, the new Bushnell Forge was a positive surprise

In another context, I wrote the following as my initial reaction:

„The “Forge” – which comes in sizes 8×42, 10×30, 10×42 and 15×56 – is currently Bushnell’s top binocular product line. This is an excellent example of how far modern China-made quality binoculars have come – well designed, well built, well finished, with an attractive field of view, a good central sharpness, decent off-axis sharpness, a bright image, wide sweet spot, and good CA-correction. The performance gap to the European and Japanese sub-prime and premium binoculars is not that big any more; the price is still significantly lower, so the Forge is an attractive proposition in terms of “value-for-money”.“

Canip

Thank you for the link, zzzzzz!!

In this instance, I for once agree with allbinos, the new Bushnell Forge was a positive surprise

In another context, I wrote the following as my initial reaction:

„The “Forge” – which comes in sizes 8×42, 10×30, 10×42 and 15×56 – is currently Bushnell’s top binocular product line. This is an excellent example of how far modern China-made quality binoculars have come – well designed, well built, well finished, with an attractive field of view, a good central sharpness, decent off-axis sharpness, a bright image, wide sweet spot, and good CA-correction. The performance gap to the European and Japanese sub-prime and premium binoculars is not that big any more; the price is still significantly lower, so the Forge is an attractive proposition in terms of “value-for-money”.“

Canip

They liked the Nitro as well pushing aside the score he commented on the fit and feel of the binocular (comfort and handling).

Allbinos has just posted the Bushnell Nitro review https://www.allbinos.com/index.php?t...tki&test_l=341

Replacement for the Legend L.

"When it comes to my personal opinion the binoculars impressed me in a very positive way. The result of our test is an important aspect but the handling and comfort of usage is also significant, especially that both are very individual, subjective criteria, hard to reflect in any testing procedures. In my opinion the Bushnell Nitro 10x42 is not only nice to look at; it fitted my hands and eye sockets in a perfect way so I enjoyed using it very much. I would have nothing against taking that piece of equipment for nature trips to the forest."

Looking past the score he reflected similar comments in his review of the Zeiss Conquest HD favoring it over the HT and SF.

"During this test I had as many as six 10x42 instruments available on my shelf: all the current line-up Zeisses (the Terra ED, the Conquest HD, the Victory HT and SF), the Swarovski SLC and the Leica Ultravid HD Plus. Many times I looked through them from my balcony in order to check how they perform in reality. After some period of time I realized that I was choosing the Conquest more often than the rest. Why? The Terra ED optically lagged behind the whole group, the Victory SF annoyed me with the reflections behind the diaphragm and the Victory HT had a narrower field of view"

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back