• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Going to Coastal Maine near Acadia Nat. Park Nov 9-11 (1 Viewer)

crazyfingers

Any tips on what migratory sea birds I should watch for in the bays and ocean surf? This would be northern half of the coast around Bar Harbor, Frenchman Bay, Schoodic peninsula and such.

I plan to bring my Canon SX50 superzoom for photos.

Last edited:
Slow forum migration is......

Saw and photographed a Horned Grebe and some Buffleheads. I've never seen either in the summer.

I've also noticed that the Common Mergensers are clustering in the ocean now.

Common Aiders are still the most common at the coast. They may even outnumber the gulls. A lot fewer cormorants than I see in the summer. Very few actually. They are very common in the summer.

I wish I could go back again in another month to see what has changed but it's not likely.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back