• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Through my Window-1,2,3,4,5!!! (1 Viewer)

Judo

Hi All,
No, I didn't "catch a fish alive"!!
Just thought you might like to see the latest visitors to my garden. I couldn't believe my eyes when early yesterday morning I looked out to see these little beauties come down one at a time! one.......then 2........3.......4.........5!!! (there were actually 6, in all but the 6th couldn't fit on the feeder so he went alone on the peanuts!!)
Aren't they cuties?? Early this year too, they usually don't visit 'til the Winter.
The garden & feeders are getting a bit busier with a Dunnock returning yesterday too, and also one Blackbird visited the table, 9 Goldies on the feeders and lots of Blue & Great Tits too. Looks as if it's going to be a great Autumn! Hope your gardens and feeders are busy too.
Must go now, as we're off for a walk!
My Best to You All,

Attachments

• 1 LTT.jpg
    1 LTT.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 2 LTT.jpg
    2 LTT.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 3 LTT's.jpg
    3 LTT's.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 4 LTT's.jpg
    4 LTT's.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 5 LTT's.jpg
    5 LTT's.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 25
You lucky thing, Judo! I think I've done well if I get to see one at some stage through the winter in the garden. I do see them in larger numbers down the lane from home, but they don't seem to manage to get to my garden.

Litte cuties right enough Judo. Lovely pics:t: I just had a flying visit from them last year but I was happy with that.

Best Wishes

I try not to be sentimental about birds but for some reason I always call them "my little dears". LOL. They are definitely a bird that I would like to cuddle if I could. They are always absent from the garden during the summer but this year they have returned early and very welcome they are too.

Pat

Oh well done Judo! :t: Not just for getting these gorgeous little birds at your feeders, but for 'grabbing' them on camera so well while you could. Smashing!

I adore L.T.T s but I can't get out to see them and I haven't seen one in the garden for ages. You've given me new hope tho' and I'll put some fatballs out again in the next few minutes.Great pics. in difficult light and background.

cheers. maurice.

Hi Judo,
Aren't they gorgeous! You must have been delighted.
Thanks for showing them & enjoy your walk.

Hi Judo.
What good pics of cracking subjects. I try hard not to have favourites in birds, but it has to be said that Long Tailed Tits are right up there when it comes to ones I like a lot.
I haven't had them in my garden since about 1998 when 12 came in, working the bushes as they passed through, and they were gone in about 5 minutes.

Thanks for sharing your lovely pics.

All the best.
Baz.

Lucky you Judo, they've never come to my feeders. Lovely pics and here's hoping they hang around for the next 6 months..;)

Hi All, & Thanks to each & every one of you for the replies and kind comments. Hope you'll forgive me for not addressing you all personally, but I think my two typing fingers would ache, and it would take me forever!! not very skilled at typing I'm afraid! LOL
Just knew you'd all love my extra special little visitors.
I hope those of you who haven't had a visit from these lovelies yet, get to do so in the near future. Their little twittery calls as they flit about are a joy to hear. Good Luck everyone in enticing 'em in! and I hope 'mine' come back again soon. Thanks again all.
My Best to You All,

They are one of my favourite birds, Judo! We get them every so often, and I am always pleased to see them. Thank you for sharing your visitors.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back