• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Velbon Sherpa 450 PH157 Head, Shoe Lock Plate lever broken (1 Viewer)

alan_rymer

United Kingdom
Any body help?.

Last week I eventually bought a new tripod from Warehouse Express. Velbon Sherpa 450. A great Tripod and a huge improvement on my old rickety one.
Tonight indoors it got knocked over on carpet, the legs wern't extended but the feet were only about 9" apart( Scope not mounted luckily ) and the clip which locks the scope in place in the shoe shattered into 3 peices.
So, eventually, the question is. Does anyone know who sells spares?.

Velbon do, Alan, via their importer, Introphoto:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.intro2020.co.uk/frameset.html[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Service Tel: 01628 799902[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Service Fax: 01628 799912[/font]

I bet they'd let you have it for free if you weren't so utterly honest about the cause (ahem...).

Alan,hard luck,but I am sure tripod fittings should not shatter when knocked onto a carpet,they should certainly be able to withstand a few harder knocks,so perhaps if you point this out to Velbon they should give you a freebie replacement.Good luck,

I've got a cheap Velbon head on my Slik tripod. Not sure what the Model Number is. The locking lever has a habit of opening when I carry the scope on the tripod. It hasn't fallen off yet, but I've had to stop carrying the scope attached, for fear of damaging it.

Steve

CravenBirds said:
Certainly does, you should have no problem getting a free replacement from Intro2020. IMO.

I purchased from Warehouse Express, & rang them this morning, but they wanted me to return the whole tripod, then after I protested, just the head!.

Called Intro2020 this, they said "No problem, we'll put one in the post", bit, as I live in Reading and they are in Maidenhead I called in and picked one up free of charge.
Full Marks Intro2020!.
I now have a working tripod again

alan_rymer said:
I purchased from Warehouse Express, & rang them this morning, but they wanted me to return the whole tripod, then after I protested, just the head!.

Called Intro2020 this, they said "No problem, we'll put one in the post", bit, as I live in Reading and they are in Maidenhead I called in and picked one up free of charge.
Full Marks Intro2020!.
I now have a working tripod again
Glad it's sorted. It's a good tripod for the money IMO.

I can quite understand WEs' policy. It's easier for them to provide a new Tripod than to acquire a spare part from Intro2020 etc.

Regards

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back