• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

P6000 lens thread size? (1 Viewer)

Davey Leigh

Davey Leigh
Hi
Does anyone know if the size of the thread at the base of the Nikon Coolpix p6000 lens is the same as the equivalent thread on the P5100. Nikon web site doesn't seem to say. I quite like the idea of the connectability shown here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8453647@N05/2463987942/in/set-72157604636760225/

The Nikon UR E20 adaptor is shown as the interface with the camera (P5100) and as I have the same scope as shown I'm wondering if this will work with a P6000, hence the question.

regards
Davey

At work, so don't have the specific sizes but you need the UR-E21 adaptor, not the UR-E20. Costs about £20.

If you post details of your specific planned combination, there are quite a few of us oin here who may be able to help, oir have that specific equipment combination (or not if it doesn't work!).

I have an opticron ES 80 ED v3 scope with 32ww fixed ep and a 20-60zoom both HDT and I am using considering a P6000 to digiscope with. The link in my first post showed a successful configuration using a P5100 which is why i was asking about the thread. I notice the UR-E21 is a different shape to the UR-E20.

Davey,
The threads are different which is why Nikon force us to keep buying new adapters for cameras that look almost the same. I use third party adapters on mine which are cheaper and have a standard 52 mm thread to match up with adapters.
Neil.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back