• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Autumnwatch. (1 Viewer)

Hi Ruth,

I've just seen Bill Oddie and Kate Humble trailing it on breakfast telly. The interviewers were Bill Turnbull and Kate Singleton. Bill Oddie had a bit of fun with that, even giving Bill Turnbull a bit of a hard time. Bill Turnbull said it was easier to interview John Prescott! Kate Humble saved the day talking about Sika Deer and Red Squirrels. I'll be watching.

I shall dip in and out as I find two out of three presenters irritating in the extreme, and I find some of the ideas patronising or childish!

I hope that Ruth's thread will not turn into a 'knock the presenters' thread and is used as was intended...to talk about the wildlife.

I doubt that it will, Pam; we are simply expressing our thoughts about the programme, which includes the presenters.

I nearly added when I posted this thread earlier today that I'd prefer it not to become a critism of the presenters thread,sadly I see it's started already.
If we could just stick to the birds/wildlife it would be appreciated folks.....thanks.o:D

I nearly added when I posted this thread earlier today that I'd prefer it not to become a critism of the presenters thread,sadly I see it's started already.
If we could just stick to the birds/wildlife it would be appreciated folks.....thanks.o:D

No problem, Ruth!

We had sadly crossed this path before on the now defunct Talksmall.
These are my last words on this subject.

Roll on 8.00pm! Bring it on!:D

Oh pity, does this mean I can't say how good I think Bill Oddie is? lol Keep ya gob shut Brian!

Thanks for the reminder Ruth.:t:

I doubt that it will, Pam; we are simply expressing our thoughts about the programme, which includes the presenters.

Oddie and Humble bashing has been done to tedium already elsewhere on the forum, it's become quite tiresome now so I'm another who would like to see opinions on the presenters kept out of the discussion...hopefully there should be plenty of quality new wildlife footage to discuss and conservation news from different locations around the country.

If people are so insistant on expressing their dislike of people then they should perhaps open a thread about it elsewhere, preferably on another forum;)

Matt

I shall be recording all of the programmes, so that I can rush through the irritating bits.

The use of Brownsea might turn out be an inspired choice: I certainly hope so.

Baz.

Oh no, not rutting deer again! lol Well ok it is a new species so I will learn something. I would just love a pair of those antlers to hang in the porch.

I'm surprised they are covering the Grey Seals on the Farnes again this year, although I won't be complaining about local interest.

I'll keep an open mind until things begin to hot up. More birds for me please and any thing that's little!;) I'm afraid I shall miss tomorrow nights offering as football will take precedence.

Brian!:eek!: How can football take precedence over wildlife?:eek!:eek::D

Loved the opening scenes!:t:

Yes, rutting deer again, but it will be interesting to hear the facts of why some stags are more appealing than others! I have my own theory but will not put it in black and white on here!;)
I found the wasps film was fascinating and well filmed! I now see wasps in a different light and I didn't know that they ate other insects !:eek!:

Those beautiful big eyes on the baby seals were a picture! So appealing!

A great start to the series!:t:

Brian!:eek!: How can football take precedence over wildlife?:eek!:eek::D

Loved the opening scenes!:t:

Yes, rutting deer again, but it will be interesting to hear the facts of why some stags are more appealing than others! I have my own theory but will not put it in black and white on here!;)I found the wasps film was fascinating and well filmed! I now see wasps in a different light and I didn't know that they ate other insects !:eek!:

Those beautiful big eyes on the baby seals were a picture! So appealing!

A great start to the series!:t:

Well it is the Magpies and we need the points!;)

Yes, the same thing had passed through my mind.o:D

If people are so insistant on expressing their dislike of people then they should perhaps open a thread about it elsewhere, preferably on another forum;)

PMSL! So far I haven't seen anyone bashing the presenters on this thread; simply three posters expressing their views in a polite way.

I shall be recording all of the programmes, so that I can rush through the irritating bits.

Now that is a good idea!

I must admit I thought oh no, not rutting stags again! Even if they are a different species. Nice to see the red squirrels. I only saw the first half as there was something I wanted to watch elsewhere at 8.30.

Well it is the Magpies and we need the points!;)

Can't argue with that one, Brian! They need them desperately! :eek!: Ooops this is Autumnwatch not 'Match of the day'!:-O

Yes, the same thing had passed through my mind.o:D

Well are you prepared to put it down in black and white? Then I can tell you if it is was same that I was thinking!o:D

PMSL! So far I haven't seen anyone bashing the presenters on this thread; simply three posters expressing their views in a polite way.

Makes a pleasant change from previous discussions on other parts of the forum then, for which I was mostly refering to.

To get back on topic...was particularly keen on the lizards, had never heard of those Wall Lizards before...though shame their presence seems to effect the local Common lizard population. An enjoyable prog for the most part.

Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back