• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BOP Eilat , March (1 Viewer)

john miller

A few people have questioned my ID of this bird, but not come up with another suggestion, any thoughts. Colour is correct, many Steppe Buzzard/Eagles and Black Kite moving at same time, looking normal.

john

Attachments

• IMG_5212.jpg
    IMG_5212.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_5214.jpg
    IMG_5214.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5219.jpg
    IMG_5219.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 117
Agree on male Marsh Harrier. At least 3cy, quite possibly older? Did the dorsal surface look the same as Norfolk Marsh Harriers? I think younger males are more frequently seen: larger extent of black on the primaries, darker trailing edge, so underwing looks less pale overall.

I agree that it's a Marsh Harrier. When they are up in the sky they do look odd, especailly when you are use to seeing them flying low. A harrier is then not the first thing that springs to mind.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back