Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
More discoveries. NEW: Zeiss Victory SF 32

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

YOU'R bird feeding stations/feeders!

Old Tuesday 8th February 2011, 22:16   #51
will562

Ok so some of you will have seen some of my videos aready, but no harm in posting again -

The first one is made by Chapelwood - Kilo seed feeder. Holds lots of seed but hardly any perch for the birds, but its ok as the Tits don't mind and the Goldfinches stay off this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp46N...eature=related

I'm a big fan of the American made Droll Yankee feeders, they are fairly expensive but come with a lifetime guarantee which i think is great in itself.

This one is the called the Droll Yankee Finch Flocker, designed to attract Goldfinches and it worked for me, this video was early days but it gets very busy as you will see in the next video if you watch in the background. Comes in a meter long one as well but decided against that one as the top perches would very quickly become useless as the seed falls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziXnZGaUUbw

Next the Droll Yankee Onyx Clever Clean, the base clicks off for easy cleaning. And its a bigger diameter tube so holds more seed, great quality feeder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiRxDtKHOt0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsWod-3IRS8

And then the fatball feeder outside the kitchen window

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7rUpyJhEUo

Thats all!

Last edited by will562 : Tuesday 8th February 2011 at 22:22.
Old Thursday 17th February 2011, 19:47   #52
nuthouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1980 View Post
Hey, nuthouse, I recognize your feeder setup from a thread on another forum, where my name is BluejayJoe
You tracked me down!!!!!!!!! I am PAPA
Old Monday 21st February 2011, 14:59   #53
rjbeard

Having only moved into this house last year I havent had chance to get any serious feeding area sorted yet. I just planted a tree and put a pole feeder up (This was last may). Once the warmer weather comes I will work on getting a bird table and try to give the birds a nice secluded area just for them.

Here is a video I took of the bird feeder in action last may.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDdN6wXg6U4

Hope you all enjoy it :)
Old Friday 25th February 2011, 21:49   #54
crazyfingers

This is my feeder setup. One squirrel-proof seed feeder with a hanging nyjer feeder attached below. Two suet feeders hanging from branches. Link to photo

The birds seem to very much appreciate all the branches where they can perch and hide. I've yet to have any bird slam into the window.

However we do get the occasional unwelcome visitor

On the other hand, there are also non-bird welcome visitors. And the cats who can not get to where the feeder is do like to at least watch.

Overall we and the kids and the cats love having the feeder where it is and the birds like it just fine too. If only we didn't have so many sparrows. They outnumber the other birds 10-1.

Last edited by crazyfingers : Friday 25th February 2011 at 21:56.

BF Supporter 2011 2012 2013 2014 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Friday 4th March 2011, 01:51   #55
Kildale
Nature Guy

I have the deck set up for the birds although I try to avoid the feeders. But as this is for the feeders I will add a couple, hopefully.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10nuthatch.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	311278  Click image for larger version

Name:	11hummer.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	311279  Click image for larger version

Name:	12anna's hummer.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	311280  Click image for larger version

Name:	13pileated.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	311281  

Visit the birds and water, Birds and water.
Old Tuesday 8th March 2011, 09:14   #56
BirdsEyeSis

Cool My Feeder Station

Great seeing everyone's pictures! I love this thread's idea.

Here in southern California just outside the Los Angeles county, my feeders are getting swamped with goldfinches. Although I live on a pretty busy sub-urban street the birds found my feeder relatively quickly ( less than a week). I recently started spotting Anna's hummers visiting the nectar feeder and orange slices I put out (is it typical of them to go for the oranges?) but I have yet to snap their picture in time. OH How I wish I could already though! Although I love the goldfinch, I am anxious to see another kind of finch.
Now, I really want to see some orioles, I need an oriole feeder! - so that's on my wish list this year along with the woodpeckers. I look forward to seeing some more pics from everyone!

Peace, All.
Here are my graceful visitors thus far:
(Left to Right: Song sparrow -gorger, also loves to feed on the nyjer collecting on the seed tray at the bottom; white crowned sparrow eating suet -a lot of them and some finches are really digging it; my beloved finches -they feed ALL DAY LONG; a couple of American goldfinches chillin' on the bird bath)

I wasn't able to post all my pictures in one posting, and since I do want to see everyone's bird feeding stations, I will post pics of mine on the next post below...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MAR-5-11 005.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	311877  Click image for larger version

Name:	MAR-5-11 015.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	311878  Click image for larger version

Name:	MAR-7-11 039.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	311880  Click image for larger version

Name:	MAR-7-11 032.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	311881  

Last edited by BirdsEyeSis : Tuesday 8th March 2011 at 11:57.
Old Tuesday 8th March 2011, 09:40   #57
BirdsEyeSis

Wink My Feeder Station: pictures

http://www.birdforum.net/attachment....2&d=1298941542

This link is an attachment of my set-up viewed from my window. My feeders are set up on the deck rail 2 stories up on my patio. I have them set up all along the patio for 180 degree view, but the best view is the bedroom window next to the computer! Here just some of the vantage points are shown here.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MAR-7-11 038.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	311885  Click image for larger version

Name:	MAR-7-11 023.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	311886  
Advertisement

Rate This Thread