• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (4 Viewers)

Teaching my daughter all about the birds, and some drawings for her home schooling projects.

Attachments

• 6D6A7798-14EE-4C19-99BA-CBB91F299BA1.jpeg
    6D6A7798-14EE-4C19-99BA-CBB91F299BA1.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 18
Are they rare for you Rich?
We get them every morning and evening commuting

On a three day week for a while now so can get some daylight garden birding in

Yesterday we had a Female Bullfinch having a go at landing on the sunflower hears, but annoyingly disturbed by a squirrel above.

Also a Heron landed in the trees above, flew off and came back again but didn’t stay. Now that was a sight i’d never expect to see!

Last edited:
Hi Will. We had a pair of Goldcrests this morning as well:t:. Whilst having a coffee at lunchtime it was good to see a Wren carrying nesting material in to the shed.

Rich

Just had 2 male bullfinches at the feeders at the same time :t:

First time we've had 2 males before, usually one male and one female. Anyone know if it's likely to be a territorial thing, possible fisticuffs going forward ?

Just had 2 male bullfinches at the feeders at the same time :t:

First time we've had 2 males before, usually one male and one female. Anyone know if it's likely to be a territorial thing, possible fisticuffs going forward ?

Has the new camera arrived GB? Looking forward to seeing the results.

Best today has been a couple of Goldfinch, Siskin, Treecreeper and I’m sure we now have a pair of Stock Doves. Will try and confirm tomorrow.

Rich

I once saw a winter flock of over 20 male and female Bullfinch roaming through my local forest many years ago, worthy of a county recording. Have had upto three males in the garden before but not feeding alongside each other.

Great to see for sure
Enjoy

Has the new camera arrived GB? Looking forward to seeing the results.

Best today has been a couple of Goldfinch, Siskin, Treecreeper and I’m sure we now have a pair of Stock Doves. Will try and confirm tomorrow.

Rich

It has indeed, will be trying it out this weekend, having remembered to order an ad card as well 8-P

Been a good day here feeder wise. Bullfinch, goldfinch, greenfinch, chaffinch, blue/great/coal and LTT.. As well as robin, blackbird, magpie, starling, house sparrow, dunnock, wood and feral pigeon.

And the obligatory squirrel causing havoc !

I once saw a winter flock of over 20 male and female Bullfinch roaming through my local forest many years ago, worthy of a county recording. Have had upto three males in the garden before but not feeding alongside each other.

Great to see for sure
Enjoy

20 bullfinch?!?! Not sure I could handle all that pink plumage at once !

Female Blackcap in the garden for the last 3 months - very unusual here, first ever in the garden. On her own though. Lovely to see.

We had a pair of Bullfinches yesterday and the female was hovering and having ago at feeding on the feeder. The male was sitting in the tree nearby. Today there was a male at the feeder so I assume it was the same as yesterday. It’s good to see Bullfinches regularly as i’m used to seeing them once in a while.

I have a platform type feeder which they would probably prefer, but I just know those Squirrels would be all over it!

Spent some time on the patio today... what else is there to do these days?
Had the following(in not particular order) at the feeders or in/above the yard over 1.5 hrs...

1. Red-tailed Hawk
2. Turkey Vulture
3. Common Raven-1st time(flyover)
4. Fish Crow
5. Carolina Wren
6. Carolina Chickadee
7. Tufted Titmouse
8. White-breasted Nuthatch
9. Red-bellied Woodpecker
10. American Robin
11. Blue Jay
12. House Finch