• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A gruesome find, an ID anyone? UK (1 Viewer)

Pam_m

Spotted this creature on my 'local' walk this morning. It was on a grass embankment on a service road, the service road is adjacent to a normally busy main road in a residential area. I did not get too close as there were a few flies around the body. I would say it was approximately 18-24" long or 46-61cm whichever is your preference.

My first thought is a Ferret?

Photo taken on my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 115
I would imagine it was (before it's demise) a cuddly rather than a killer rabbit!!!;)

The general consensus is that it is a rabbit! I will go with that.

On closer inspection of the image there is what appears to be a black bin bag or similar that the body of the 'rabbit' is on. A strange find especially as there was nothing around to suppose it had met it's demise there. :h?:

Thank you all for your input, it is much appreciated.:t:

Or perhaps we now know the true fate of General Woundwort....

Bet you a Fiver we don't ...

I would imagine it was (before it's demise) a cuddly rather than a killer rabbit!!!;)

The general consensus is that it is a rabbit! I will go with that.

On closer inspection of the image there is what appears to be a black bin bag or similar that the body of the 'rabbit' is on. A strange find especially as there was nothing around to suppose it had met it's demise there. :h?:

I don't see a rabbit from this image, I just see something dead and/or furry I'm afraid. Going on what you say about back plastic (and it does look odd), I would tend to leave it as unidentified tbh ...

Last edited:
I don't see a rabbit from this image, I just see something dead and/or furry I'm afraid. Going on what you say about back plastic (and it does look odd), I would tend to leave it as unidentified tbh ...[/QUOTE]

I wish I hadn't spotted it tbh!:eek!:

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back