• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

August-November England and Wales (1 Viewer)

Sounds more like a trip to the tropics! Indeed someone will have to prove to me it is possible to get 100 birds in a day in the UK next time I'm over... I've only managed over 50 on two or so occasions in exceptional circumstances.

Never grew up with trains so I never thought about that honestly. Ah well, maybe another time.

I've had over 140 on a 24-hour birdrace in mid May in Northumbs alone - not everyones' idea of good birding, but shows what can be done with a dedicated team.

Trains - forget them, unless you're a millionaire. Britain has the most expensive rail transport in the world, thanks to our government's privatisation policies. :C:C:C

Attachments

• railFares_100_150_3011941a.png
    railFares_100_150_3011941a.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 55
Ah it was only to get a train to me then I coulda driven SW around for the day!
Next time you're over, for sure get in contact and I'll easily double your day list! ;)
My highest was 138 on a birdrace in a day in May - still the Sussex record!!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back