• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brown Bear watching in Slovenia (1 Viewer)

Morg

Anyone had any success with bears in Slovenia? Any recommendations etc gladly accepted - the plan may be to visit in July

Thanks

Geoff

Hi,

I saw one from a bear watching hide in Slovenia in April around 5years ago.

I'm not sure of the name of the company we used but to be honest I wouldn't use them again. The guide was a gamekeeper and was a fat lazy slob.

Beautiful Country though and everyone else we met was very nice.

Thanks for that - I did notice that one company indicated that it would be a hunter that was the guide - which wouldn't be my preference

Yes, although don't let that stop you. If that's the only option when you go there.

However if the hunter/gamekeeper has a heart attack whilst your out with him, just pretend that you don't know CPR

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back