• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Noctivid overdrive past infinity? (1 Viewer)

etc

Noctivid vs Swarovski

I have Swaro EL of 2008 vintage, wonder if I should come back to Leica.

My last Leica was a mid-90's Trinovid and I always found very impressive optically. A little less bright than current models.

Last edited:
I have Swaro EL of 2008 vintage, wonder if I should come back to Leica.

My last Leica was a mid-90's Trinovid and I always found very impressive optically. A little less bright than current models.

"Noctivid overdrive past infinity?"

"Noctivid vs Swarovski"

Is this a question about the Noctivid's focus, or the Noctivid vs Swarovski models in general or just a statement about the vintage Swarovski EL and mid-90's Trinovids?

So here is the official response:

Question: What's the value of Noctivid's focus past infinity overdrive? Has it been changed from Trinovid/Ultravid models?

Answer:

The Noctivid has the same specification of +/- 4 diopters. That being said, I’m told by the Technical Services Manager that there is additional adjustment available on the minus side when the user sets up their diopter correction on the unit, to at least about -5. This however would have the effect of taking away the minimum and some of the close distance focusing. He also warns that users with very high diopter strength requirements usually have astigmatism as well. Not correcting for that by using prescription eyewear typically leads to considerable eye strain after long periods of use.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back