• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

looking for group/ some one to go birding with (1 Viewer)

leighsutcliffe

Hi ya folks

I was just wondering if there is any one out there that would like to team up with me to go birding in or around Derby / derbyshire ?

I'm very new to the hobbie and i go out with my daughter or by my self
but it would be nice to meet up with like minded people.

if any one would like to meet up or know of a group I / we could team up with
I would be very greatfull

post on here or send me a PM

hope to see you all birding soon and thanks

Leigh B :)

Last edited:
A good starting point would be your local RSPB group.
Mine organises monthly coach trips which are very affordable.
As well as the help you may get from other members at the venue, there are lots of tips and interesting snippets to pick up on the journey itself.
No problems with car parking at the other end, take a flask, sandwiches and viewing optics and have a great day out.

Andy

You could try carsington water near ashbourne ,all the birdwatches i have met there are knowlageable and freindly ,also good place at the moment with plenty of winter ducks on display The rspb are there most weekends in the wildlife centre not sure which day and they are more than willing to help

The rspb are there most weekends in the wildlife centre not sure which day and they are more than willing to help

We certainly are, although we're part of the Severn Trent Water crew nowadays. It's Tuesdays, Sundays and some Saturdays. Also at Carsington, Dave Bennett's birding for beginners walks are another good way to go, they're the first Sunday in every month.
BTW, although I'm not sure he reads these forums, congratulations must go to Dave on his DOS award, very well earned it was!

Tuesdays and Sunday now this sound very good my two days off woop woop what time and where do you meet and have you got room for me to tag along ??

Tuesdays and Sunday now this sound very good my two days off woop woop what time and where do you meet and have you got room for me to tag along ??

Well we're open to the public, so you're very welcome indeed - just watch out for invading school children (we like having them really). There's range of birding experience among the volunteers, some have perhaps been at it longer than others, but we're all a friendly bunch and know plenty enough about Derbyshire to at least get you started. These days we have some decent kit you can use too.
Usual times 10-3, or until 4 in the summer, in the warmth of the Wildlife Centre where we average around 40 or 45 species most days from that one spot.
You won't see me there next week, but probably the Tuesday after.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back