• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

"in focus" confirmation in finder (1 Viewer)

pimpelmees

hello, i have a 1d mark 4 with a 300mm f2,8 IS , now when i manually focus the lens is it normal that i get no "in focus" confirmation light in the right corner of the finder ??

I now that in af servo i get it not; but in one shot i get it .

Hi,
I've just tried my 1D Mark IV with my EF 300 F/2.8L IS set to Manual focus, and both the centre AF spot glows briefly in red, and the green spot at the right side of the bottom viewfinder panel flashes briefly. There's also an audible beep. This happens in both the nominal One Shot and AIServo modes - with the lens set to Manual Focus, nothing shows in the camera top LCD AF mode panel. I found that it is necessary to manually focus the lens past the in-focus point for the indicators to work.

Hope I've correctly understood your query.

Ok.malcolm Have you tried to do the manual focussing without putting the lens in MF ,
As you can manual override the AF with this lens....what about the beep en confirmation light then ??

Ok.malcolm Have you tried to do the manual focussing without putting the lens in MF ,
As you can manual override the AF with this lens....what about the beep en confirmation light then ??

Good Morning,

I've just tried this with my EF 28-105 F/3.5-5.6 USM Mk II (the 300 F/2.8 is at the back of the cupboard) and in One Shot AF mode, after acquiring focus (first press of shutter button) with illuminated AF spot, beep, & green spot showing, if I then manually defocus, and then return through the focused distance, there is no beep and no illuminated AF spot. However, as long as I keep the shutter button half depressed, the green AF spot stays ON.

its solved, when i have my camera so that i focus with the back button instead of the shutter button i get no confirmation beep or light when i focus manually !!

when i change it back to the schutter button, its ok and get the beep and light.

and before you ask , i always have the shutter button half prest.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back