• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Small Lizard/Gecko Texas (1 Viewer)

Lisa W

I really need to get out and bird more
Staff member
Supporter
United States
Hi all, my brother lives in the Dallas area. He sent me these two pictures and wants to know what type of lizard these little fellows are. The close-up is of one of those in the picture of two side by side.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Lisa

Attachments

• IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0472.JPG
    IMG_0472.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 72
Hi all, my brother lives in the Dallas area. He sent me these two pictures and wants to know what type of lizard these little fellows are. The close-up is of one of those in the picture of two side by side.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Lisa

They are definitely a species of Anole. I would say Green Anole (also known as American Chameleon) which is the only Anole native to the area. The male (the one on the window frame) seems to be displaying a relatively large dorsal crest, much bigger than I've seen before in this species.

Agree with Anole, but doesn't look like typical Green Anole - have any other species been released locally?

I did wonder that myself. I've never seen a Green Anole with a dorsal crest like that, so perhaps they're an introduced exotic Anolis species. South Florida has countless alien lizard species so no reason Dallas can't have a few.

Thanks to both of you. I'll let him know they are a type of Anole.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back