• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opinions on Pentax XCF Binoculars (1 Viewer)

jmooney

Hello fellow birders,

I was looking to buy a pair of the 8X40 version of these. They look pretty nice and are priced right at about $99. I was wondering if anyone has a piar of these or might have used a pair and could comment on them. I'm fairly new to this and will be mostly using them for backyards and local parks. I'm alos not looking to go too expensive because I'd likely carry them around a lot and would have to be too worried about damaging them or them getting stolen,

Thanks and take care,

Jim

jmooney said:
Hello fellow birders,

I was looking to buy a pair of the 8X40 version of these. They look pretty nice and are priced right at about $99. I was wondering if anyone has a piar of these or might have used a pair and could comment on them. I'm fairly new to this and will be mostly using them for backyards and local parks. I'm alos not looking to go too expensive because I'd likely carry them around a lot and would have to be too worried about damaging them or them getting stolen,

Thanks and take care,

Jim
Jim,
I have no experience with that bin, but Pentax is usually pretty good, you cannot go too far wrong with that price. Here is a link of what may be a better price, if you are interested:
http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/sc/from-pricegrabber.asp?id=964592294&rf=pg&dfdate=08_19_2004

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back