• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

wildlife in graphite (2 Viewers)

Very striking Clive! I can't see it quite as well as I'd like but it looks to me like you've done a great job with the fur, especially in the lower half. It looks to me, though this is the part I can't see all that well, like there is a real sense of texture there.

thankyou ken,when i draw animals i try to focus on fur textures etc and the impression of detail unfortunately the photo is just a quick shot i did of the work whilst on the drawing board and so not too clever.once ive had it scanned i'll re-post

clive, have you tried scratch board? not tried it myself.. but it seems it would be great for you, seen some fine work done in it ....mark

nick,thankyou very much.
mark i have tried scratchboard a long time ago and youre right you can get some good results with it but i didnt particularly like using it,i think i'm too set in my ways to change mediums now.
regards

it's so nice to get back to drawing birds after the tiger distraction.this one is another egret study from my patch on the river hamble

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 87
thanks mike,i think thats the key really isn't it,to try and make the image look familiar to birders everywhere,a scene we all recognise and can relate to.

thanks colleen,i love portraying water and i know egrets are a little overdone but when the light's right they're a gift to a graphite artist!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back