• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird egg thief returned to jail (BBC News) (1 Viewer)

"We know of two collectors who have fallen to their deaths." Mark Thomas RSPB.

So not all bad news then. ;)

Twite.

"We know of two collectors who have fallen to their deaths." Mark Thomas RSPB.

So not all bad news then. ;)

Twite.

trying to look for some positives It is fairly obvious that he is a very accomplished "naturalist" in being able to track these things down, so why doesn't he channel it into photography or better yet turn Gamekeeper for the RSPB!!

It's a great shame when folks do damage like this lets hope he learns the lesson this time ... but I suspect not|:(|

And just to be clear, I'm not condoning what he did at all.

trying to look for some positives It is fairly obvious that he is a very accomplished "naturalist" in being able to track these things down, so why doesn't he channel it into photography or better yet turn Gamekeeper for the RSPB!!

It's a great shame when folks do damage like this lets hope he learns the lesson this time ... but I suspect not|:(|

And just to be clear, I'm not condoning what he did at all.

Up to now there were no positives, jailing him is a step in the right direction. As far as I'm concerned his sentence should have been deferred until April, that way he would have been locked up for the whole breeding season. That would be real punishment for the likes of him, with remission he will be out in plenty of time to carry on his thieving. :C

Twite.

Up to now there were no positives, jailing him is a step in the right direction. As far as I'm concerned his sentence should have been deferred until April, that way he would have been locked up for the whole breeding season. That would be real punishment for the likes of him, with remission he will be out in plenty of time to carry on his thieving. :C

Twite.

Now that would be punishment :t::t:

Bang on Twite.

If he is a "good boy",he shall be released just as breeding season is starting and temptation,shall be all around him.A Police Order should have been granted,so he has to report to a Police Station on a daily basis upon his release until August.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back