• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

St Ives Bay Baby Bottle-nose. (1 Viewer)

Chris Oates

Why does a Black-headed Gull have a brown head...
Our pod of Bottle-nose Dolphins have been producing Calves and they are being shown around the Bay.

Attachments

• Dolphin Isl 2.jpg
    Dolphin Isl 2.jpg
    923.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Dolphin Isl.jpg
    Dolphin Isl.jpg
    703.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Dolphin Family 2.jpg
    Dolphin Family 2.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 60
Our pod of Bottle-nose Dolphins have been producing Calves and they are being shown around the Bay.

Chris, I think it was you I met on the Island on Wednesday afternoon? I think one of my (very distant shots) shows a calf with it's top half out of the water. I note that the Humpback was seen again yesterday - harrumph!

Certainly was me - yesterday The Dolphins went down the coast very early and as I was there Viv Stratton finished Coastguard duty and told me the Humpback was North of the Head just frolicking and waving it's pectoral fins around.

Enviable job Viv has - he gets to seawatch with the biggest bins you've ever seen.

I've had a report of a further 4 Whales coming up past the Scillies in the last week.

Great to put a face to a name.

The Dolphin young'uns got there five minutes of fame today as they were greeted with rapture on Twitter, BBC live news, Radio Cornwall and the Facebook pages of Cornwall Wildlife Trust, British Marine Life Study Society and many more - haven't seen them for a while to pass on the news as St Ives is buzzing with holidaymakers and the trip boats are taking the route the Dolphins usually do.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back