• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Shropshire (1 Viewer)

spl1970

Simon
Simon here from near Shrewsbury, Shropshire.

Inspired to join by my sighting yesterday of the Great White Egret in Ellesmere.

Cheers,
Simon

Hi Simon and welcome on behalf of the Staff and Moderators

I'm sure you will enjoy it here

D

Greetings Simon, and glad you caught up with one of the birds of the year in Shropshire.

I'd recommend Jim Almond's blog for some fantastic photos of the local birds around Shrewsbury, which can, along with others, be accessed through the Shropshire Ornithological Society website.

The WeBS surveys are coming up, details of which can also be found on the SOS website. There's a lot of water around here to survey.

Cheers,

Many thanks for the welcomes.

Patrick, I managed to stumble across both Jim Almond's Blog and the SOS website a while ago. I'll be sure to take a regular look at both (although I wasn't sure about how often the SOS website was updated).

Cheers,
Simon

(although I wasn't sure about how often the SOS website was updated).

Simon

The latest bird information on the SOS site is usually based on what's on the Shropshire Birds Yahoo Group (which can be found through the SOS site as well). Otherwise I'll PM you if anything good turns up locally.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back