• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Plain grey bird Alberta (1 Viewer)

Maroon Jay

Airborne
Canada
Need help with ID please. This bird is mostly plain grey on the front and head. It has a black line behind the eye but not in front. Top of head is black and grey with a yellow mark above the bill.

Attachments

• DSC_5924.jpg
    DSC_5924.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 58
The faint bit of yellow at the top is throwing me for White-crowned sparrow. How about a young Golden-crowned? I might be way off.

Thank you very much. I wish there was a guide book for juvenile sparrows. It does also look a bit like Golden-crowned but they are way out of range for where I live in eastern Alberta.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back