• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from Maine, U.S.A. (1 Viewer)

Hi and welcome to Bird Forums, very glad you have stumbled upon us. I hope you enjoy all that is on offer here. I noticed photography is a hobby of yours.... so take advantage of the gallery if you wish.
Best regards,
Andy

Yes, as a newcomer myself, welcome. The natives appear to be friendly and I may have even detected signs of intelligence ( they laughed at my jokes?).

Welcome MaineBirder! You will find us all pretty friendly, though some of us are stanger than others. I hope you like taking pictures of Maine, especially in the Fall, and showing them to all of us.

Welcome to this wonderful forum! I hope you will share with us birding experiences from "the land where the forest meets the sea." I've only been there once, to Portland (first day of Spring -- and the high was 24 degrees F.), but would like to return and look for the Atlantic Puffin.
Zil

Welcome to Bird Forum, MaineBirder :t:

I hope that you enjoy the site and will share your biding experiences with the membership. It's is great hearing about the birding in different areas of the World and especially the wide variety you get across the USA. Please to use the Gallery or make use to the file attachment/ link buttons to illustrate your posts. Above all, just enjoy the site.

See you around.

Welcome Maine birder,

just as Chuck a wulla wrote, there is intelligence here in Europe. I more and more wonder if Chuck is an alien since i can't even properly pronounce her name. Now don't say that's because of my low intelligence...

Anywayz, i wish you the best here and i am pretty sure that you will have the best time ever with the good chaps inhere.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D = simultaneous jumping

Oops erik... I think you'll find Chuck A Wulla's a him...!!!

Don't worry MaineBirder, we get a easily confused over this side of the Pond, but we muddle through.

Seriously though, WELCOME to BF and please join in as much as poss. We'll all enjoy hearing from you.

(BTW, Chuck A Wulla, erik's left a photo of herself in the Gallery. Check it out so you know who to slap!!!;) )

birdman said:
Oops erik... I think you'll find Chuck A Wulla's a him...!!!

(BTW, Chuck A Wulla, erik's left a photo of herself in the Gallery. Check it out so you know who to slap!!!;) )

Now that has me creased up Birdman.

Cheers

Booga

Last edited:
I was laughing so much I forgot my original intention to say Hi and welcome to Mainebirder. Hi and welcome!

Take care

Boogs

Hello to you in Maine... good to have you here with such a unique and interesting group of folks. I do believe you will have fun and learn a great deal here. Looking forward to hearing more from you in the coming weeks.

Thanks again everyone for such a kind welcome.

Zil said:
Welcome to this wonderful forum! I hope you will share with us birding experiences from "the land where the forest meets the sea." I've only been there once, to Portland (first day of Spring -- and the high was 24 degrees F.), but would like to return and look for the Atlantic Puffin.
Zil

Be glad you're not here now! The temperature has been hovering around 15 degrees F during the day and dropping to around -10 below in early morning for the past few days. Too frigid to do much birding.
I was in southeastern Arizona last March, what a beautiful [and warm] place.

Good birding to you all, be sure to stay warm.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back