• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A. pomarina confirmation (1 Viewer)

Scridifer

Used Registrar
Supporter
Bulgaria
Short 7th finger makes me pretty certain butIi'd just like confirmation this is Aquila pomarina. Seen Today on migration with a group of Buzzards near the Bulgarian Black Sea coast.

Thanks,

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_2702thumb.jpg
    IMG_2702thumb.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2703thumb.jpg
    IMG_2703thumb.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
A tricky one (for me anyway!) Chris, but the coverts look darker than the flight feathers favouring A. clanga.
also, isn't it a bit early for Lesser spotted to be with you in Bulgaria already?

Thanks for your thoughts Richard, you could well be right! Certainly a bit early for LSE, and being a singleton did make me think of GSE ( I realise it's not definitive but I'm more used to seeing LSE migrating in groups).

Chris

Thanks Rafael and Nikoss! I have played about with the lighting and sub-adult Golden Eagle fits nicely!

Thanks to all for your comments,

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_2702LLthumb.jpg
    IMG_2702LLthumb.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 81
Interesting, 4 different eagle names given to that one! No one suggested Imperial though ?

FWIW, yeah, it is a Golden Eagle indeed!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back