• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

EDG 20-60x85 Fieldscope (1 Viewer)

bonesmalones

I was lucky to find one of these in minty condition (the shoulder strap for the carry case was still in cellophane wrap) on ebay for a steal of a price (cheaper than a new Monarch Fieldscope). I am very happy with how it performs and fairly chuffed about the great buy I got on it! A beautiful instrument. The detail one can see with this scope is amazing. I'm now thinking about a 30X eyepiece for it.

I picked up a 20W and a 30W fixed eyepiece for this scope. It's perfect at about 20X magnification for backyard birding. This scope is a pretty nice piece of kit.

Last edited:
The field of view on the 20W eyepiece compared to the zoom at 20X is much bigger. The 30W FOV is about the same as the zoom at 20X.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back