• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recommendations on a P&S to go with a Vortex Razor?? (1 Viewer)

LadyHawk17

Hey all,

I just bought a Vortex Razor HD and would like to upgrade my point and shoot. There seems to be a lot of discussion about the Nikon P300. The Vortex has a nice camera adaptor set so I would not be purchasing the dedicated FSB-8.

Any recommendations of cameras other than the P300 that would work well with the scope I have?

Many thanks!
Morgan

Hi Morgan. First off, let me say that I don't have first hand experience with this scope, but I was researching it a lot when considering my choice of scope.

I'm pretty sure people have had good luck with the usual compacts. There's a user here (bluedubius I think?) that used a panasonic lumix dmc-fh1. I think if you just search the image archive here with "vortex razor" or such that you'll find some of his photos. Perhaps he'll see this thread and chime in on vignetting and impressions.

I also know the micro 4/3 cameras (panasonic/olympus) with the supplied 14-42 zoom will work well with the vortex dca. There's a sizable thread on the g1 here, and while the pictures there don't involve the vortex specifically, you can at least see the digiscoping results that people are getting with the camera and somewhat comparable scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back