• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CD guide to birdsong (1 Viewer)

Stonechat2

Tooty Fruity Member
Hi everyone,
This Saturday coming i am planning on getting a cd audio guide to birdsong. My ideal cd guide would have the commentary of the bird and have british birds on. Also i would like them to be sorted out into groups in habitat and so on. I thought about getting the "Collins Birdsong and calls of Britain and Northern Europe" I saw it in Waterstones and thought it looked adequate for my needs. Does anyone recomend another guide.
Thanks, Steven

Stonechat2 said:
Hi everyone,
This Saturday coming i am planning on getting a cd audio guide to birdsong. My ideal cd guide would have the commentary of the bird and have british birds on. Also i would like them to be sorted out into groups in habitat and so on. I thought about getting the "Collins Birdsong and calls of Britain and Northern Europe" I saw it in Waterstones and thought it looked adequate for my needs. Does anyone recomend another guide.
Thanks, Steven

Hi Steven

I know this has been discussed several times in the past so a search may give you the best answer.
Personally I have a CD Rom of British Birds from Birdguides and that has lots of audio and video.

Cheers

Bill

Stonechat2 said:
......My ideal cd guide would have the commentary of the bird and have british birds on. Also i would like them to be sorted out into groups in habitat and so on.......
Hi Steven,

you've just described the Collins guide perfectly ;)
It's not a bad reference tool, but you should be aware that there are some slightly annoying omissions.............Cetti's Warbler is the one that springs to mind immediately.

I'd recommend it as a "beginners" guide though, definitely.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back