• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

DSC h5 (1 Viewer)

welove2travel

I'm thinking of getting the 1.7x teleconverter for this but I've long since thrown away the box. If anyone has used this teleconverter, does everything I need to hook it up come with it? Im concerned there will be some piece that I threw away from the original camera or something I need lol want to make sure there are no gotchas if I go that route.

If you want to add the teleconverters, you need to have kept the black plastic extension tube that came with the camera. You pretty much need that tube screwed onto the camera to use filters, extenders, etc...so maybe you already have it installed on the camera (I always left mine on at all times when I had my H5). If not, you'll need to find it, or you'll need to buy one. You may find them used, or there were a few aftermarket places that made some that fit that camera (one that comes to mind was Pemeraal). If you have the extension tube, then any 1.7x telephoto extender with 58mm threading will screw right on - you can buy extenders made by Sony, Olympus, Panasonic, Nikon, Raynox, and a few others that all share the same 58mm threading.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back