Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
|Thursday 31st July 2014, 10:47||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Billingham, NE England
August 2014 PRIZE photographic competition - Birds in Flight
The theme for the August 2014 photo theme challenge is Birds in Flight
The outright winner will receive a LensMaster RH-1 Gimbal Head - http://www.lensmaster.co.uk/ - generously donated by member GYRob
The theme is further defined as being a photograph of a bird/birds in flight whether singly or as a flock.
The rules must be adhered to in order to avoid disqualification. The Moderators decision is final.
1. Entry to have been taken in the last twelve months i.e. between 30th August 2013 - 21st August 2014.
2. Date taken to be included in the entry - must at least include month and year.
3. Entry to be uploaded between now-21st August 2014 midnight.
4. Your entry must contain a bird or birds obviously in flight.
5. The bird(s) must be wild and can be of any species.
6. Location taken to be included and must include at least the county/state and country.
7. One entry per member.
8. Only minor image adjustment is permitted, such as cropping, sharpening, contrast, and levels. The photo must not be otherwise greatly manipulated ie. objects should not be added/removed in order to enhance the shot - no composite images.
9. Once uploaded a photo is classed as an entry and cannot be replaced by another shot. However, you have until the closing date/time of this competition to ensure that your photo meets criteria.
10. The entry must be your own work and not previously submitted in a competition on this site.
11. The bird's common name must be given - though please add the scientific too!
12. Entries to be uploaded directly by entrants to the 'Monthly Photo Competitions Entries' forum in the Gallery.
A voting booth will be posted after the 21st.
In the event of a tie the moderators will decide the prize winner.
Please note 30 entries will be selected for addition to the voting booth for members to vote upon, though the number selected may vary depending on the number of entries.
The entries not selected for inclusion in the voting booth will be moved to their respective Gallery forum.
Comments on entries are permitted.
Any queries about this months competition please post below.
BF Supporter 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 Support BirdForum With A Donation
|Sunday 3rd August 2014, 14:20||#3|
BF Supporter 2019
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: S.E. England
In the gallery, in the' 'Monthly Photo Competitions Entries' category.
BF Supporter 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 Support BirdForum With A Donation
|Rate This Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|August 2013 PRIZE photographic competition - Birds in Flight||IanF||Monthly Photo Competition Details||3||Tuesday 27th August 2013 04:51|
|August 2012 PRIZE photographic competition - Birds in Flight||IanF||Monthly Photo Competition Details||6||Wednesday 1st August 2012 22:41|
|Voting Booth - August 2009 Prize Photo Competition - Birds in Flight||IanF||Monthly Photo Competition Details||21||Monday 31st August 2009 22:49|
|Announcing the August 2009 PRIZE photo competition - Birds in Flight||IanF||Monthly Photo Competition Details||8||Tuesday 4th August 2009 21:26|
|August prize photo competition winner is ..||IanF||Monthly Photo Competition Details||18||Monday 13th September 2004 19:26|