Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Whiteness of Image

Old Monday 21st March 2016, 23:27   #1
cycleguy

Whiteness of Image

Can anyone chime in on the whiteness of image across the current models (2015 and newer) of the Swarovski line - EL, SLC, Companion, Pocket, Habitch porro?

I've only owned EL and have always admired the neutral color rendition and particularly the whiteness of the image. Unfortunately I've never had opportunity to gaze through other Swaro product side by side with the EL.

Sorry if this has been hashed thru repeatedly, but I don't do well with the search function....

Thanks much,

CG
Old Tuesday 22nd March 2016, 01:28   #2
NDhunter

I am not sure what you mean by "whiteness of an image", that is not a measured factor.

I suppose you mean a neutral color image across the spectrum.

There would be no differences in color that you would notice or would make a change in your decision
for all of the main reasons you would select a binocular. The models you mention are all different in many
ways.

Jerry
Old Tuesday 22nd March 2016, 04:22   #3
cycleguy

Jerry,

What I am getting at is an optics ability to render white... white. Not the slightest variance of a hint off shade. I am under the impression that the EL does this better than the competition and I am wondering how this stacks up in the other Swaro bins.

CG
Old Tuesday 22nd March 2016, 11:46   #4
Haz3

I find it the color rendition of my 2015 made Habicht 8x30 absolutely amazing, they significantly outshine my Nikon #000 10x42SE and #350 12x50SE in that field.
It s very apparent when viewing a white orchid.
My main interest being the night sky I will nonetheless let go of the Habicht 8x30
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: