Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Removing glyphosate from drinking water...

Old Thursday 14th February 2019, 22:12   #1
litebeam

Removing glyphosate from drinking water...

Many of us regard the powerful weedkiller glyphosate (Roundup is the most prevalent brand) as one of the biggest dangers to our society and to insects, birds and wildlife overall.
Here's an interesting video of a lab conducting an experiment on the removal of glyphosate from drinking water using commonly available filters. It's a bit cheesy, (don't kill the messenger!) but the lab is ISO certified. It appears to be a legitimate lab doing real science.
The results are really surprising especially given the molecular construct of G. The obvious questions to me are, how prevalent is G. in well water and city water around the U.S. and elsewhere ? How relevant is the lab's 2ppm sample based on those amounts? How much is too much in nature? Although I'd argue that any of such a potent cocktail is too much.

I have nothing invested in this but simple curiosity, and I know little to nothing about the website and lab. It appears to be overtly right-sided and anti-vax, etc, but the glyphosate topic and the ensuing lab results caught my eye. Spoiler alert: I was shocked with the Zero-pure pitcher results.

https://www.brighteon.com/6001296356001
Old Friday 22nd February 2019, 13:20   #2
mjh73

https://www.who.int/water_sanitation...ampa290605.pdf

Owner Acanthiza Ornithology - Thornbill Tours
www.acanthiza.com.au

BF Supporter 2017 2018 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Tuesday 26th February 2019, 01:43   #3
litebeam

Thanks for sharing this, mjh. It was an interesting read.
I'm skeptical of Monsanto's involvement in any of these studies given their obvious conflict of interest.

And...I felt compelled to give the family dogs a bit more love too. The beagle testing was an eye-opener.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: