• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Good place for Bird photography? (1 Viewer)

arjacee

Hi all.

I was hoping some kind person can give me some advice. I will be visiting Oxford ( Wootton, Abingdon exactly ) for 10 days over Christmas and New Year and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good place where I could photograph local birds. I only have a 300 mm lens so would like to be as close as possible ( obviously without scaring the birds ). I am mainly interested in Garden birds like Bullfinches, Robins, Woodpeckers, Jays etc. If anyone knows of a good place I would really appreciate the heads up. I went to Watlington Hill before and saw all the red kites and alot of the Garden birds mentioned but they were all from a distance! ( Also have been to Otmoor and Farmoor before but found these type of birds to be quite far away )

Thanks very much in advance

Richard

I did a search for Oxford and saw your post- I am also up that way soon and I will be heading for Otmoor, if they are still there, they have some feeders along the main track on the right, lots of blue tits and garden type birds and you can get fairly close. Other than than I am trying to find out the same thing.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back